Unread 08-06-2007, 11:56 PM
Default Forum Hosting

If I were to create a forum tonight, and then move it to my domain later would it's name be able to change? Like would the change of the name from the youname.forumcreatorsname.com change smoothly to youname.com/forum if I would choose it to?
Unread 08-07-2007, 10:04 PM

Yes, if I'm understanding your request correctly, you should be able to modify the configuration at any time.
Unread 08-07-2007, 10:36 PM

No I mean like move the domain to my host. Like the forum address is sign up like www.doctordew.proboards.com and then I'd like to move it to www.doctordew.net if I ever purchase that, would I be able to move it with no problems or would I lose all the posts members and everything?
Unread 08-08-2007, 01:37 AM

Ah, so there are a couple of things that you would need to do.

First is to migrate the database and entire board over to the new server. Once that is done, you'll need to migrate the DNS (by logging into your registrar and changing the name servers).

During the DNS migration however, there is a very real possibility that some users will go to the old site, and others to the new site. I'd strongly suggest implementing some method on the old site to either 1) Let users know that the site has moved and provide a link or 2) Redirect them automatically.
Unread 08-08-2007, 04:58 AM

I guess I wasn't entirely specific enough. I just would like to have the forum made. I'd post all the rules and stuff on it. Then once I get the site up I'd move it, and the forum would be ready right away with all the needed info on the forum already there and the boards already designed.
Unread 08-08-2007, 02:00 PM

Yep, so really you have a "development" server where you get everything set up, then a "live" or "production" server where it's going to be running?

Yes, that shouldn't be a problem to do. Once you get everything running on your dev server, just FTP the files over to your live server, and export / import the database as well.

You may also need to do a couple little tweaks to the config files as well. (like changing database name / credentials and a few file paths type of stuff)
Unread 08-09-2007, 01:39 AM

Ok well I'll PM (you once I'm ready for that) for an aim or msn screen name so I can get you to guide me through any troubles that may arise.
Unread 10-20-2008, 07:17 AM
Default Forum Hosying

An Internet forum is an application, which enables online communities to share thoughts and opinions. The most popular topics include technology, games and politics. Internet forums are also referred to as message boards, discussion boards, discussion groups or simply forums.
=======================================
Victor
Our mission is to provide high quality end to end solutions to the BPO segment in a manner that will improve the operational efficiency while reducing the cost of the services to the client.
4thdimension1@gmail.com
Unread 06-29-2009, 05:55 PM
Banned

Hi,
I am also confused on this matter because there are many peoples which can provide this type of services.
This is very good site and contains huge info.
This is best for me but, if you have another site about this matter which one is good for you so please let me know.
Thanks