Unread 10-17-2007, 09:20 PM
Default Fixed position menus?

Is it possible to create fixed position horizontal menus?
I'm trying to get something like that:
http://www.beatles.com/hub/article.php

I can get them horizontal but menus open at random positions.
Unread 10-18-2007, 05:07 AM

Yes, it is possible to match that menu functionality. I think what your looking for is this demo:

http://www.udm4.com/demos/extension-horizontal.php
Unread 10-18-2007, 08:43 PM

There is an issue when using horizontal menus with sliding extention. When you move between adjacent navbar items, it slides down second item menu instead of just writing new text in the existing menu box. This looks a bit odd, especially with Firefox you can see a border (though border is disabled) going down over menu box when you have 'allow cross transitions' set to 'yes' in udm-x-sliding.js. I guess sliding extention was designed with vertical menus in mind.
Unread 10-22-2007, 07:42 PM

I'm not sure I follow. Can you post an example of what you mean? And what you would expect the behaviour to be?
Unread 10-26-2007, 03:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcarl314 View Post
I'm not sure I follow. Can you post an example of what you mean? And what you would expect the behaviour to be?

I mean using Sliding Menus together with horizontal menu extention. Please note the sample link to beatles site above. When you move mouse pointer from "the films" to "the sites" it doesn't hide & show again sliding menu below. It just puts new menu links on the same black background. Or to say it another way, it doesn't invoke sliding effect when you move mouse from "the films" to "the sites" (from one navbar item to another) directly. That would be the expected behaviour for me, or configuration option.
Unread 10-29-2007, 01:12 PM

Ah, I see what you're saying now. I think that's the default behaviour for the menu with that combination. It is possible to create your own custom extension that would only "slide" when there is no replacement, but that is not a feature of the current UDM4 menu.