Unread 08-06-2008, 01:27 PM
Default obfuscated javascript - how to achieve?

G'day all,

I've coded a cool javascript code library and wish to sell it.
I don't want competitors to be able to cut and paste pieces of javascript code from it into their liraries. The only way to protect it somehow is to rename variables, remove comments and so on - i.e. to apply a tool called "javascript obfuscator" to it.
Please recommend me a javascript obfuscator you used, and tell me your experience with it. Any other hints are welcome too.
In search engines I've found this javascript obfuscator - js-obfus from Stunnix. The set of features is rather good and it's cross-platform too.. Have anybody tried it? What are your impressions?
Unread 09-05-2008, 02:10 PM
Admin

My only thought is that if the obfuscator is using an algorithm to do it's work (which as a program, it must be), there will always be a way to "un-obfuscate", and my guess is most of these types of programs have that functionality to some extent.

A seasoned programmer will be able to "un-obfuscate" it with out too much effort.

IMO
Unread 10-17-2008, 05:29 AM

JavaScript web application, one of the most important things you should do before making it public is to obfuscate and compress JavaScript and CSS. The reason to do that is obvious your application will be faster and safer. When the web code is not optimized, it makes your visitors waste bandwidth and wait longer for the page to load. Besides, it makes your hard work easy to steal and reverse engineer.
=========================================
Victor
Our mission is to provide high quality end to end solutions to the BPO segment in a manner that will improve the operational efficiency while reducing the cost of the services to the client.
4thdimension1@gmail.com