Unread 11-02-2007, 06:45 PM
Default CSS-Generator

My javascript version works but when I convert to css it doesn't. I've pasted the new css in the udm-style.css file. I've linked my html to the stylesheet and deleted the links to the udm-custom.js. Can anyone tell me why the css isn't working?
Unread 11-02-2007, 09:38 PM
Admin

Can you post a link to your site?
Unread 11-02-2007, 11:31 PM

It's at: http://www.crazychicken.com/testing/

If you're going to take a look, I have another thing that I can't seem to get working. I need the hover state of the navigations to push the words down. I've assigned a class to them several different ways and called it in the js file and a css file, but nothing seems to effect them. I've also tried putting in padding-right to make the words appear centered on the background image, but that only put padding between the images themselves.

What's the difference between the udm-dom.js and it's lite and ultra versions?

Is it possible to put all the javascript into one file to reduce calls to the server?

Is some of the javascript to keep people from stealing? It seems like a lot of code for a menu. I want to implement a lot more javascript on my site for galleries, content, etc and I'm worried about slowing it down or having conflicts.

Thanks for your help! Hope my questions are stupid or annoying. I turned to UDM4 primarily because I need help with getting this work work properly.
Unread 11-03-2007, 06:20 PM

Oh, and here's a link to the css version of that page:

http://www.crazychicken.com/testing/css.html
Unread 11-08-2007, 11:37 PM

:-(
No responses. No help. Very sad.
Unread 11-09-2007, 01:20 PM
Admin

Sorry about the slow responses. So, to clarify, the issue you're having is when you use the CSS generator, the code generated does not function, correct?

I'll try to check this out today and see what might be causing the issue.

Again, sorry for the slow response.
Unread 11-10-2007, 03:42 PM
Admin

Just a follow-up, I tried this on my server and noticed the same problem. I'm working with my developer to resolve the issue.

Admin
Unread 11-11-2007, 09:21 PM
Admin

Try the attached html (site.txt). I can get the drop down to work, but not all the images load. That may just be a function of me working on my development server...

I commented out the udm-style.js line in the head, and added in the udm-style.js line. Then moved the udm-dom and udm-sliding-menu to right after the <body> tag.

Hope this helps.
Attached Files
File Type: txt site.txt (6.5 KB, 5 views)
Unread 11-13-2007, 11:35 PM

Why does the udm-style.js need to be commented out? Also, why do I still need the udm-custom.js? I thought the udm-style.css file replaced that?

My whole reason for wanting to have my menu controls in css is because I need to customize things further than what the udm-custom.js allows me to do.

Also, why does the generated css have "-0px" in it? Should I fix that to just be "0"?

Thanks for your help.
Unread 11-15-2007, 08:25 PM

Hello? Anybody there?
I'm working on a project deadline and I'm getting really scared because I haven't been able to get answers to all my questions. If I can't have a working menu, I'm screwed.
Please help me....