Go Back   Ultimate Web Site Drop Down Menu Forum > UDM4 > Troubleshooting
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 06-08-2008, 10:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbachl View Post
Sorry for being a bit ignorant, but I thought that the PHP configuration of udm does not requires the js files? The js files are not mentioned in the PHP configuration http://www.udm4.com/manual/setup/scriptsphp/
and they are not mentioned in the forum describing integration of udm in the Exhibition Engine.
Sorry, you are correct. I don't know what I was thinking when I posted that yesterday. I took a little too quick of a look at the documentation when I posted, I guess. I have a PHP configuration on one of my websites, too, and it doesn't have those files either. Duh!

Quote:
The web pages are dynamically generated by Exhibition Engine. For making the changes you are suggesting, I would need to learn and modify the Exhibition Engine code, which is something I did not plan to do...
I copied your page and uploaded it to my own server. When I moved that bit of code I mentioned, it didn't make a difference as I thought it would, so that isn't the problem.

Interestingly, when I use your unordered list with my UDM files, the page works as expected. I still think it's a path issue, but I don't see right offhand just where the problem is.

Quote:
If the flaw is with my PHP version not supporting some of the statements in the udm files, maybe I can first provide the PHP configuration (phpinfo) for some crosscheck. If this does not yield a hint about the problem, I could include statements for debugging in the udm code? What do you think?
Unless you have a really old version of PHP, I don't think that is problem. Just for the record though, what version of PHP are you using?

Could you send me your udm-dom.php file? That way, I can play around with this a little more. You can send it to me through my contact form as an attachment.
Unread 06-09-2008, 05:02 AM

Thank you for taking the efforts and looking into the problem in detail.
The PHP version is 5.2.0, which is not old, but it is compiled for an ARM processor. I am sending a separate email with attachments.
Unread 06-10-2008, 01:43 AM

Got the files. Thanks!

Can you also send me your udm-style.php file? I got a 404 error because of that when I tried to replicate your page exactly as you have it.
Unread 06-10-2008, 05:19 AM

vinyl-junkie, thanks a lot for looking at this issue in detail. I have sent you the file just now.
Unread 06-12-2008, 03:13 AM

My apologies for taking so long with this. It was a bear to solve, but I've finally got this to where it works on my server.

First of all, here is the correct value for $config in udm-dom.php:

Code:
$config = $_SERVER['DOCUMENT_ROOT'] . '/EE2/udm/udm-custom.ini';
You should also set the same value in udm-style.php.

Also, there are several incorrect lines of code you need to fix in udm-custom.ini.

For example:

Code:
'solid',	// hover/focus border styles ["solid"|"double"|"dotted"|"dashed"|"groove"|"ridge"|"inset"|"outset"] (single, double 
or four values; be careful with using "none")
should be:

Code:
'solid',	// hover/focus border styles ["solid"|"double"|"dotted"|"dashed"|"groove"|"ridge"|"inset"|"outset"] (single, double or four values; be careful with using "none")
I don't know how those got messed up. Are they that way in your original file, or is it because of sending me the files as attachments? I'm not sure what caused this problem. Anyway, there are 6 or 7 lines like that.

I hope I've covered everything. Let us know how it goes, and if you need any more help.
Unread 06-12-2008, 03:19 AM

Here is how udm-custom.ini should look. It is saved with a .txt file extension.
Attached Files
File Type: txt udm-custom.txt (13.3 KB, 0 views)
Unread 06-12-2008, 06:47 AM
Smile It is working!

Wow vinyl-junkie, it is working now. Thank you so much for your great support.

I don't know how the line breaks entered the udm-custom.ini file. The problem was really difficult to see, since I was always under the impression that the line breaks are from the display in the editor rather than being actual line breaks.

Thank you very much!!! I owe you something. How about a dinner invitiation when I am visiting Seattle (not sure if this is still going to happen this year though).
Unread 06-12-2008, 11:17 AM

Your undying gratitude will be sufficient. Seriously though, I had a lot of fun working on this.

Just in case someone else should find a similar problem, here's how I ultimately solved this one. If you look at the following statement in udm-style.php:

Code:
if(ereg('^[-\_\.\/\\a-zA-Z0-9:]+$', $config) && ereg($cmatch, $config)) { @require_once($config); }
notice this part:

Code:
@require_once($config);
That @ symbol in front of the statement is intended to suppress any error messages in PHP. That is a desirable thing in a production environment, but when you're trying to debug your code, you need to remove the @ symbol to see any errors that might be generated. That's what I did, and that's how I noticed there was something wrong with the udm-custom.ini file.

This was a fun problem to solve. The solution was certainly not what I expected. Anyway, I'm glad UDM is now working for you.