Unread 03-31-2008, 05:38 PM
Default UDM4 with PHPBB2 - not working!

Hi,

I have recently tried to install UDM4 with PHPBB2 by following the instructions given on this site. However, I only get a static bullet point menu (dropdown is not working).

My site is arranged as follows:
root_folder(www)>main_website_folder>phpbb2_folder

I have placed my udm-resources folder in:
root_folder(www)>main_website_folder>phpbb2_folder
I have placed udm_phpbb2.class.php in:
root_folder(www)>main_website_folder>phpbb2_folder >includes

I get the impression that the udm_phpbb2.class.php file is not doing it's job. I have a feeling that the following lines of code are not working:
<!-- ULTIMATE DROP DOWN MENU Version 4.42 by Brothercake -->
<!-- http://www.udm4.com/ -->
<script type="text/javascript" src="'.$this->path.'udm-resources/udm-custom.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="'.$this->path.'udm-resources/udm-control.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="'.$this->path.'udm-resources/udm-style.php"></script>

Has anyone got any ideas? I would be very grateful!
By the way my website is currently on my local development server (although I wouldn't have thought this would make any difference).
Unread 03-31-2008, 06:17 PM
Admin

Are you getting any error messages in your log files? Or in the browser? First thing I would do would be to check the generated HTML and make sure the paths are correct. Then, if necessary, adjust them.
Unread 04-03-2008, 07:35 AM

I'm not getting any error messages and the paths to the files all seem correct. What would you suggest next?
Unread 04-07-2008, 04:38 PM
Admin

What version of osCommerce are you using? I know the code on this site was tested on a version 2.2 install.
Unread 07-16-2008, 08:18 PM

Hi again,

Sorry to have taken so long to reply ...i've been seeing to a different project. I'm now working with phpbb again, but still can't get udm to work. I'm still just getting a static bullet point menu.

I'm using phpbb 2.0.21

This is an example of one of the paths in my source code:
<script type="text/javascript" src="phpbb_folder/udm-resources/udm-custom.js"></script>

I am now developing a commercial project with UDM ...so if you can get this working I will be sending some dollars your way!

I can email you the web address if this would help.
Unread 07-17-2008, 10:58 AM

By the way I do not have the udm-control.js or udm-custom.js files in my udm resources folder. I'm assuming that the other files in the folder are all that is necessary to get udm to work with phpbb?

The files I have in UDM resources are:
udm-custom.ini
udm-dom.php
udm-mod-keyboard.js
udm-style.php
image files
Unread 07-17-2008, 11:12 AM

You need the udm-custom file on your server. That file is what defines the styles so that your menu does not appear as an unordered list.

It's not clear from your original post as to which version of UDM you're using. I assume it's the PHP version, in which case you need to have udm-custom.php in your udm-resources folder on the server.
Unread 07-17-2008, 11:15 PM

Yes, I am using the php version of udm, however i do not have a udm-custom.php file in my udm resources folder. Instead I have a udm-custom.ini file, which I think is called into action by the udm-style.php file.

Please correct me if this is wrong and I require a udm-custom.php file!
Unread 07-17-2008, 11:42 PM

Problem solved!

I was using the php version of UDM (UDM4-PHP), whereas I needed to be using the straight UDM version. I made the assumption that because I was using UDM for a PHPBB forum, then the PHP version was the one to use.

I think the udm_phpbb2.class.php file which we asked to download in the UDM for PHPBB2 tutorial only works for the straight UDM version. I could be wrong - but moving away from the PHP version certainly fixed things for me.

Thanks to everyone who has helped.
Unread 10-30-2008, 10:36 AM
Default UDM4 with PHPBB2 - not working

what version are you using????